Daegu KIA-Samsung match, rain suspended at 5:31 → game resumed at 7:00 pm… ground maintenance + pitcher warm-up required

The match between KIA and Samsung was suspended due to rain and resumed. It was delayed by about 1 hour and 30 minutes from the point of the initial stoppage. Reopens at 7pm.메이저놀이터

KIA and Samsung started the last game of three consecutive weekends in the 2023 KBO League regular season at Daegu Samsung Lions Park at 5 pm on the 20th. Game 13 of the season between the two teams.

Samsung started Won Tae-in, and KIA started Hwang Dong-ha, a second-year high school graduate. It was 0-0 until the second inning.

At the beginning of the first inning, Won Tae-in threw 24 balls and went a little hard. He got a hit after one shot, and got it in check. It was good so far. He gave up a hit to Na Seong-beom after a 10-pitch game, and struck out Choi Hyung-woo after a 9-pitch game.

After getting two outs in the bottom of the first inning, Hwang Dong-ha, Koo Ja-wook hit the shortstop and gave up a double that flowed toward the center fielder. He ended the inning by handling Kang Min-ho for a ground ball.

At the beginning of the second inning, Won Tae-in made a tripartite inning with 6 balls, and Hwang Dong-ha also ended the inning with a tripartite retreat. That’s how it ended up to episode 2.

The problem is after In the top of the 3rd inning, before the KIA attack, it suddenly started to rain. A lot of rain fell. There was also thunder and lightning.

In the end, it did not go into the third inning, and the game was stopped at 5:31 pm. A large tarp was laid in Lions Park. The spectators got up from their seats all at once and moved to a place where they could shelter from the rain. Some spectators held their seats with umbrellas.

In an instant, the ground at Lions Park was wet. There were puddles almost all over the outfield warning track. The same goes for the foul area.

About 20 minutes after the stop, the rain started to subside. The groundskeepers came out and started walking on the tarps. Ground maintenance also continued. The fans also went back to their seats.

The notice came out around 6:15 p.m. At 7:00 p.m., it was announced that the game would resume. “The pitcher needs time to warm up his arms. The game will start at 7 p.m.,” he said.

As of 6:20 p.m., new soil is being laid on the ground. Almost all the water in the warning track has been drained. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *